Consumer Products Safety Commision new rules for cribs.
CPSC Safety Improvement recommendations.
D.A.P.P. Dance Away the Pounds Program to prevent childhood obesity
New poll shows that most U.S. parents want their children to be more active
Starting at birth, your child is growing and learning each and every day at an amazing rate. Understanding the stages of children’s development can help set your mind at ease. All children need to be loved and cared for in order to grow and thrive. Every child will experience growth in their physical development and health language and communication skills cognition and general knowledge personal and social development.
At Innovations in Education, LLC, we believe that parents are a child’s first teacher. Parental involvement is the cornerstone for a healthy childhood. We’re here to help you navigate the stages of early childhood development. Please see our parent workshops for opportunities to learn more.
Articles of Interest
Evaluating Quality Childcare
In her article, “Looking at the Quality of Early Childhood Programs,” Lilian Katz observes…
“The characteristics of a program that really predict its outcome are the answers to the bottom-up question, which is: What does it feel like to be a child in this environment?
“Obtaining answers to this question is not easy! It requires making the very best guess one can about how each individual child in this group experiences the program. We can proceed by asking about the environment on behalf of each child:
- Is it welcoming rather than merely captivating?
- Do I belong in the group rather than merely have a good time?
- Am I usually accepted by adults rather than scolded?
- Am I taken seriously rather than just precious or cute?
- Am I usually accepted by some peers rather than isolated, neglected, or rejected?
- Are the activities meaningful rather than mindless?
- Are the activities engaging rather than amusing?
- Are the activities interesting rather than boring?
- Do I usually come here willingly rather than reluctantly?
“It seems to me that only when answers to most of these questions are positive can we assume that the quality of the program is worthy of our children.”
The Health and Safety of your child is an important aspect of child development. Recommendations regarding products and lifestyle are continually changing. At Innovations in Education, LLC, we strive to provide you with the most current health and safety recommendations. Check back often for updated information.